The scant remains of the priory that stand just outside the village of Tulsk was founded by Fedlimid O’ Connor in 1448. Originally the site had been home to a friar’s modest home, but more lands were granted by Fedlimid for the erection of a monastery before his death the same year in Kilculy. There are scant remains of the 13th century Dominican friary today, only part of the church and living quarters remain. However the site also houses some truly beautiful 17th and 18th century gravestones and tombs that are well worth a look. From the sparse historical reference to the site it appears it was abandoned by the Dominicans in the 1600s during the suppression of the monasteries.
GPS: 53.77775, -8.25502