The two Ogham Stones at Lugnagappul are situated in a field known as ‘Pairc na Fola’ (‘Park/Field of Blood’) where an ancient battle is believed to have been fought. The men killed in battle were buried in a small cairn known as ‘Cnoc na Fola’ (Hill of Blood). The two Ogham stones are unusual in that they are round in shape and do not have an edge on which the Ogham is usually written along. The Stones are thought to date from 500-700AD with the inscriptions naming ‘Gossucitias’ and ‘Gamicunas’, too whom they are referring is unknown.
GPS: 52.13704, -10.1316