This small church was erected in 1710 by Edward Hussey and his wife Mabel Barnewall, however it does appear they may have integrated parts of an earlier medieval structure into the church. The Civil Survey of 1654-6 described the medieval parish church at the Naul as ruinous with only ‘the walles of ye parish church’ standing. A plaque above the doorway to the church affirmed it was for the use and the posterity of the Husseys and shows their coat of arms and motto ‘Cor Immobile’, ‘Immovable Heart’. Within the ruins are an underground vault belonging to the Hussey family. The entrance to the church is through a pointed-arched doorway on its west side with ‘barely twist’ or cable moulding. The interior is home to two windows, one of which is an ornate double ogee-headed window. The church is orientated ENE-WSW, measuring 10 metres in length and 5 metres in width, the north wall is entirely missing. One of the most eminent burials in the graveyard is that of Seamus Ennis the famous traditional musician, the majority of the rest of the burials date from the 19th century.
GPS: 53.58698, -6.28904