St Colmcille’s is an early medieval church and graveyard standing on the southwest bank of the River Clare. The church is in the Parish of Lackagh, which prior to their amalgamation in 1306 was five smaller parishes each with its own church and Norman Castle. Its a simple rectangular church and though little survives of the east gable, the other walls are in a reasonable state decay considering the possible age of the structure. Entry to the church is through the pointed arch doorway on the south wall, also traces blocked window can be seen on the east end of the same wall. Local tradition mentions an earlier thatched roof church on the site that burned down when a man was drying flax on the floor of its interior, it was rebuilt soon afterwards. The church appears to have fallen out of use by the 17th century.
GPS: 53.37521, -8.87689