Across the road from Burnchurch castle stands this old Protestant Church. Built in 1810 to replace and earlier structure, the church was in use until the 1940s. The area of Burnchurch is known in Irish as ‘Teampall an Lusca’ which translates as ‘The Church of the Crypt’. Information on this church is quite sparse, if anyone has anymore information please do send it on.
GPS: 52.57582, -7.29616