The pleasant ruins of St Jude’s Church of Ireland stand on a hill overlooking the small village of Camlough in South Armagh. The church was built between 1772 and 1774, and was only in use for just over a 100 years. Camlough has never had a large Church of Ireland community so its no surprise that in 1883 Anglicans started to go to the neighbouring village of Bessbrook for services. It is unknown who designed this fine structure but it has many of the hallmarks of Thomas Cooley who designed many Church of Ireland buildings in the late 18th century. It appears that recently the Camlough Heritage Society have been making efforts to maintain and restore this beautiful site.
GPS: 54.1778, -6.70589