This medieval ruin is believed to be the 14th century home of the chancellor who oversaw the diocese of Ardfert. The house is built on top of boulder foundations and overlooks Smerwick Bar and The Three Sisters, a group of peaks at the north-western edge of the Dingle Peninsula, near the village of Ballyferriter. The ruins are 18 metres in length with a dividing wall forming two separate rooms. The western end was more than likely the living quarters and the eastern chamber was the kitchen area. Inside the large fireplaces is a bread oven built into the wall. An offset in the east wall suggest that at some time there would have been a loft or attic at that end of the house.
GPS: 52.1818, -10.33819