Positioned in a beautiful green meadow two hundred metres south of the headwater of the Annestown River stands this south-west facing portal tomb. Its oval capstone measures 4 metres in length and 2.65 in width, it rests on the door-stone, and a cushion stone is situated between the capstone and the backstone. There are no remaining portal-stones but there are orthostats on either side. The site was excavated in 1939 and cremated bone, flint and charcoal were found in the chamber. Sadly at this time a fairly poor reconstruction of the tomb took place and a small concrete wall was placed to the rear of the tomb, and an even more bizarre concrete base installed. Although these additions do detract somewhat from its overall charm, its ease of access makes it worth a quick visit.
GPS: 52.17769, -7.27688