Holy Trinity Church is an early 19th century structure situated south of the town of Carne in County Wexford. This Church of Ireland edifice was built in 1825 on the site of an earlier parish church dedicated to St. Fintan. This earlier church was first recorded as being in existence in 1615 when according to the visitation of Bishop Thomas Ram, the Protestant bishop of Ferns, Apollo Waller was the vicar and the church and chancel were ‘in repair’. The present church was in use until the 1950s, it is believed that the porch door frame of coarse granite was reused from the earlier church. It is also thought that the stone in the double bellcote in the west gable was taken from the earlier structure.
GPS: 52.19051, -6.35315